Clients also ask:
Trends in Russia which can be motivation to start Franchise business in Russia – Open a company
- Russian traditional marketing is starting to be replaced with digital marketing and influencers using the social networks to hype sale
- In Russia Z generation are not brand-loyal. They are fickle, surfing the internet, following social media recommendations that reflect fashions and opinion-makers, making a disproportionate number of purchases online.
- they’re easily led by graphics and generally avoid text. So they are steered by Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook. Thus content must be well-adapted for tablets and smartphones. Accordingly shops, restaurants and service providers able to communicate with consumers via mobile apps are winning the large share of customers. This Z generation of customers only visit high-street stores and malls to physically handle the goods. Then they actually buy from cheaper suppliers online.
- Multi-brand franchisees are on the rise because their strategy mostly follows new type of consumers demand in Russian market.
- Franchises in Russia which are most popular are those requiring an initial investment of up two million rubles, Royalties, when requested, in general, do not exceed 5%. Either this or they are generally replaced by the obligation of minimum purchases pre-established in the contract.
Foreign and local investors are allowed to create Franchise Business in Russia.
Possible options are:
- setting up new business ventures;
- entering into franchise agreements;
- purchase an existing business or a shelf company through which they can start operating as soon as possible.
Franchise business legislation – Open a company
Franchises are primarily governed by the Russian Civil Code in which these types of ventures are known as concessions. Secondly, franchises are governed by the Commercial Code as a Russian or foreign entrepreneur must carry out the franchise business’ activities through a commercial entity.
Russia has several types of franchise business which can be set up:
- development franchise;
- direct or single -unite franchise;
- multi- unite franchises;
- joint venture franchises business.
In all Franchise business types concession agreement must be signed by the parties.
Registration of Franchise business in Russia – Open a company
- register the company;
- concession agreement must be signed from franchisor (company owner of brand) and the franchisee(company selling or distributing the goods or service of the brand)
- With Intellectual Property office of Russian the franchisee must make registration in order to be able to use name of franchisor
Most common legal problems with Franchise Business in Russia – Open a company
Most common problem is the lack of an appropriate legal framework in the field of commercial concession.
Possibility that one of the parties can terminate the agreement by simply notifying the counterparty six months before the termination of the contract.
The need to register a franchise agreement by the body that registered the right holder, which is the franchisor.
The preservation of the contract of commercial concession in effect in that case if one of the parties changes.
Our experts are ready to provide comprehensive support for foreign entrepreneurs and businesses, they will help you at all stages, from a preliminary assessment of the situation and choosing the best solution to obtaining all the necessary registration documents and getting started.
By seeking legal advice, you will receive the following guarantees: the result will be achieved within a certain period, and any issue will be resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible, and all this for reasonable money. Besides, you will protect yourself from possible risks and mistakes, which can turn out to negative consequences.
service in Russia – all aspects of legal and accounting serviceWelcome to the quickest
Common questions on Franchise business in Russia
- How do I start a franchise business?
- How much money do you need to open a franchise?
- What is the easiest franchise to open
- Which franchise is best to open?
- What are 3 disadvantages of franchising?
Pleas contact us to have all details on Franchise business
Get help starting your business.
You may also like
Russia is not only the largest country in the world, but also one of the great and influential economies. The country’s GDP is 1.6 trillion rubles, with growth of 1.3%. These indicators speak of the power of the country’s economy. Russia is one of the leading countries in procurement of energy, metals, and rare earth resources. Lately, Russia has become the center for foreign investment. However,…
The import of goods should be understood as a process characterized by the importation into a country of goods produced in another country, for domestic consumption, the subsequent sale of the imported product, or its re-import. A company that is going to expand its interests always tries to think of an optimal scheme for importing goods to Russia, which will take into account its financial benefits and, last but not least, time…
Life in Shanghai has been more than comfortable for Mike Graves, the general manager of a U.S. apparel company’s 50/50 joint venture with a Chinese manufacturer. His children go to the best school, he lives in a beautiful expat neighborhood, and his company pays for a chauffeur and a nanny. Mike has made the joint…
Two days before Thanksgiving 2010, Kullman got a call from the CEO of Danisco, a Denmark-based leader in industrial biotechnology and nutritional ingredients, letting her know that his company was for sale. Danisco had been on DuPont’s M&A radar screen for several years, but now Kullman had only six weeks to make an offer. DuPont’s…
A recent Bain & Company survey of 250 international executives with M&A responsibilities found that only 30% of them were satisfied with the rigor of their due diligence. And a full third admitted they hadn’t walked away from deals they had nagging doubts about. In this article, the authors, all Bain consultants, emphasize the importance…
2000+ businesses Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas intobusinesses over 2000+ times in Russia. 1500+ consultations Providing access to our independentnetwork of attorneys over 1500 times. 90+ liquidations Helping companies to close down operations in the smooth way Companies (LLCs) and limited partnerships (LPs) are two of the most popular business entities. If you and at least…
2000+ businesses Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas intobusinesses over 2000+ times in Russia. 1500+ consultations Providing access to our independentnetwork of attorneys over 1500 times. 90+ liquidations Helping companies to close down operations in the smooth way Starting a new business can be overwhelming, and starting a new one during a recession can feel even riskier.…
2000+ businesses Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas intobusinesses over 2000+ times in Russia. 1500+ consultations Providing access to our independentnetwork of attorneys over 1500 times. 90+ liquidations Helping companies to close down operations in the smooth way An employer identification number (EIN) is essentially a Social Security number for your business. Most businesses need it…
2000+ businesses Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas intobusinesses over 2000+ times in Russia. 1500+ consultations Providing access to our independentnetwork of attorneys over 1500 times. 90+ liquidations Helping companies to close down operations in the smooth way You may not have a superpower, but with technology, it feels like you do. From apps on your phone…
- Can a foreigner start a business in Russia
- Can an llc have two presidents
- Top 10 business in Russia
- Is it hard to start a business in Russia
- Small business in Russia
- Company formation in Russia
- Cost of doing business in Russia
- Managing member vs ceo
- OOO Russia