Foreign business leaders, as well as
residents of the Russian Federation, use EDS when interacting with tax
authorities and signing contracts with clients.
Foreigners have the right to receive
an EDS by virtue of the provisions of Article 18 “On electronic signature”.
functions does the EDS perform?
A foreign business manager who has
received an EDS in the Russian Federation can use its functionality without
So, the EDS will allow:
• Sign contracts remotely,
• Send reports to the Federal Tax
Service, the pension fund and other government agencies.
• Participate in electronic bidding.
of documents for obtaining EDS
1. Notarized translation of the
3. INN (TIN).
4. Company Charter.
A foreigner has the right to apply
to any certification center that is accredited by the Federal Tax Service of
the Russian Federation.
for the branch manager
The head of the branch is also
entitled to receive an EDS regardless of his citizenship. In addition to the
listed documents, the foreigner sends the following set of documents to the
1. Certificate of state registration
of a branch in the Russian Federation.
2. The decision of the parent organization
on the establishment of a branch and the appointment of a head.
3. Certificate of registration of
4. Power of attorney for the head of
the branch, which is issued by the head office.
5. Application for the issue of EDS.