Clients also ask:
Areas of expertise:
One of the finest Legal services for foreign companies and citizens in Russia
Our team recommends Russian and foreign clients across all industries on the most important and sensitive Russian sanctions, as well as their influence and effect in light of sanctions from the US and EU.
We position ourselves as a business-oriented firm that delivers our clients superb and efficient legal advice that enables them to reach their business objectives.
As a full services independent law firm, we are uniquely positioned to assist our clients in responding to the most sensitive and significant inquiries from regulators and dive deep into our client’s business (with a full understanding of our client’s business model and the most essential areas of their commercial activities) to provide them with only the most relevant and practical legal advice.
Our practice also contains:
- Regulatory advice;
- Compliance counseling;
- Various due diligence issues.
Russian Lawyer in Moscow
In addition, we represent clients in commercial disputes related to the impact of sanctions on business matters and advise clients on possible ways to resolve sanctions conflicts.
In cooperation with our Partner network, which includes top-tier law firms all over the world, including major jurisdictions of the US, all EU members, and all APAC countries, we are capable of delivering our clients the most thorough legal advice and cover regulations in key jurisdictions.
Areas of expertise:
- A targeted analysis of the impact of economic sanctions and permanent monitoring of current developments. This is a purely unique service that we provide to our clients, which enables them to guide the various economic sanctions and updates to restrictions and to receive only the most relevant and important updates that impact their business. Rather than general and sometimes irrelevant updates, we provide our clients with targeted, practical legal advice and proposals.
- Withdrawing from and restructuring Russian assets. Our team has distinctive expertise in aiding clients with urgently withdrawing from Russian assets or restructuring ownership in Russian assets to comply with the economic sanctions. With our examination of practical risks and various methods available at our firm, we are committed to providing our clients with legal advice, while prioritizing quality, efficiency, and speed.
- Devoting for permits under the new counter-sanctions FDI regime. We have unique experience in the new FDI regime, which has been established as part of Russian counter-sanctions measures. We help our clients comprehend what actions require a permit to be granted under the new procedure (e.g. repayments of loans, transactions with shares, and real estate) as well as involve a permit most efficiently.
- Sanctions disputes. Presently, sanctions have a significant impact not only on the fulfillment of obligations but also on the dispute solution procedure itself, including the enforceability of arbitration and jurisdiction contracts and the determination of the competent forum. In this relationship, the impact of the sanctions should be taken into account from the very beginning, even when structuring the relations of the parties. Our team has significant experience in advising clients on the best way to settle disputes with sanction elements in each distinct situation taking into account the novelties of the Russian procedural legislation, which by default shows the exclusive jurisdiction of Russian courts about sanctions disputes. Furthermore, we have profound experience in representing clients in disputes related to the impact of both foreign and Russian sanctions and countersanctions including the application of anti-suit injunctions.
- Developing internal policies for compliance with diverse economic sanctions, and aiding clients with sanctions compliance issues and contract-related disputes.
- Regulatory understanding. We have an exceptional understanding of the legal and policy underpinnings of Russian counter-sanctions and AML/CFT regulations as well as the impact of foreign sanctions on the operations of our clients in Russia. Our team has significant experience communicating with the Central Bank of the Russian Federation, the Federal Financial Monitoring Office, the Federal Tax Office, and the Federal Antimonopoly Service and representing our clients before these agencies. We have strong insight into the background and factors that motivate these agencies’ enforcement and other regulatory decisions. Our experience enables us to assist clients with anticipating emerging regulatory and enforcement trends.
- Regulatory advice and compliance counseling. Our primary goal is to assist our clients in complying with regulatory requirements while avoiding unnecessary complications. Our team has advised numerous foreign and Russian clients on a broad range of sanctions and AML/CTF matters, including complicated issues regarding particular transactions and managing or restructuring existing business relations. We recently helped our clients navigate the changing legal environment due to the foreign sanctions imposed on Russia as well as the Russian counter-sanctions, including restrictions on loans and currency exchange. We also have experience developing and updating compliance policies and implementing risk management plans. Our team has successful experience obtaining approvals from the Government Commission for Control over Foreign Investments as well.
- Termination or suspension of contractual obligations with Russian business partners. Our clients (including their Russia-based affiliates and branches) have faced situations where they urgently need to suspend or terminate their business relations with Russian companies due to sanctions and restrictions imposed by the governments of the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, and other countries. Our team has the experience needed to advise Russian and international clients on what opportunities are available for suspending/terminating contractual relations with their partners in light of the current geopolitical situation with due consideration given to the specifics of law enforcement practices in Russia.
- Human resource crisis management. We supply our clients with comprehensive support on all issues related to human resource crisis management. The scope of our knowledge and expertise allows us to promptly and proactively help our clients from thoroughly different industries, from preparing communications to executing the most out-of-box solutions in human resources. Given our knowledge in building cross-border labor relations, we help our clients deal with relocation, remote work, and international team management. We deliver support in suspending and terminating employment relations, supporting clients in court, and defending them before the state authorities in the most difficult situations.