- the Civil Code;
- the Law on Joint Stock Companies;
- the Law on Securities Market;
- the Law on the Central Bank.
The Central Bank is the primary controller of the financial markets in Russia.
Major capital markets in Russia
The most important capital markets in Russia are the equity and debt capital markets. The main distinction between them is the financial mechanisms employed by Russian or foreign companies switching on the stock exchanges. While equity markets allow the listing of dividends, shares, or securities, debt capital markets allow recording debt securities and bonds. All types of financial tools, no matter the capital market, can be sold on the most important Russian stock exchanges.
Companies pursuing trade on the Russian capital markets are subject to various requirements. Most significantly, the company must be a joint-stock company and proffer an initial public offering (IPO) with the financial regulator.
Capital markets listing conditions in Russia
Apart from the requirements mentioned above, both foreign and regional companies operating in Russia must meet other needs to trade on the Russian capital markets. First of all, when deciding to go public, the shareholders must convene a general meeting and adopt a resolution on the listing of the company’s shares. Then, relying on the capital, they must select the quotation list their shares will be traded under. Among these are:
- the quotation list A1, under which the value of the claims must be at least 10 billion rubles;
- the quotation list A2, under which the value of the shares must be at least 3 billion rubles;
- the quotation list B, under which the value of the claims must be at least 1.5 billion rubles.
Additional conditions also apply to the shareholders of the stock to be traded on the Russian capital markets.
For complete information about capital markets rules, do not hesitate to contact our law firm in Russia.
How to engage service from Russian lawyers in Moscow
- Please tell us your business and which kind of service you need;
- Reply a few questions;
- We’ll conclude business profile and contact you in shortest period of time.